Lots of exciting things have happened this week, but God gets the credit for it. You get the credit for it! Yes I may be obsessed with blogging and getting inspired by other peoples blogs/pictures, getting to know others; but nothing is as important as my relationship with Christ. Thank you so much for your encouraging comments in this post and this post.
From the last post I mentioned that I would post a finding/picture of a recent yard sale find. Actually it was given to me from my aunt by marriage with a bag of yard sale clothes and well I couldn’t be more thrilled with this find.
That’s right GIVEN TO ME! My aunt must not know what she has given me, and I don’t know what she paid for it, but I had Nevaeh in it right away the next Sunday.
What do you think? What has been your greatest yard sale or thrift store find in he past few months, years, life?
Now for some exciting news! I was nominated for the #Liebster Award. The Liebster award is given from bloggers to fairly new bloggers that are up and coming and trying to get their name out in the blogosphere. I was nominated from Blaire and Whitney of Peaches In A Pod. Thank you ladies!
In order to accept this honor and to pass it on to other deserving bloggers, there are some rules. Don’t worry they are fun rules.
Here are the Liebster Rules:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions posed by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each blogger’s site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to her blog.
11 Facts about me:
1). I do not like fruits that are orange, that includes orange juice. I don’t know why, I just don’t.
2). For about 5 or more years I use to stop by Starbucks, local coffee shops for ice coffees 3 to 4 times a day. But up until now I am fine with one trip to a coffee shop or make coffee at home. I can’t afford it much more than one trip. If its a date night or a girl date day I may go twice.
3). I have my master’s degree in Early Childhood Special Education from Radford University.
4). I loved bald/browned eyed men for years in my teenage years.
5). I have always wanted to publish a book.
6). I had always wanted twins- got twins (Max and Elizabeth)
7). Dream purse since like 2007 and on has been any Balenciaga handbag. But I can’t afford this and I don’t have time for e-bay or even money for that.
8). I always wanted to get married to my first boyfriend, kiss my first boyfriend and get married in a church with stain glass windows- check, check, check.
9). I was a full time teacher in early childhood special education for 3 years, now a stay at home mom to 4 kids.
10). I can’t cook without a recipe.
11). I am a follower and have a relationship with my heavenly father Jesus Christ.
So here are the answers to the questions they offered me:
1. What have you found most rewarding about blogging so far? meeting people with common ground, and the comments, whether general or encouraging.
2. If you could take a trip anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go? Ireland
3. How did you meet your significant other? We met at our church young adults picnic 4 years ago. We had both recently stopped seeing other people and liked each other right away. (I had actually heard of him before meeting him). I asked him out and we went to a local coffee shop, played putt putt golf, and then went to a certain overlook and kissed him ;). He was my first boyfriend “serious boyfriend.”
4. What is your favorite movie? Arthur with Russell Brand
5. If you had a million dollars to give away, where would you donate it? I would first tithe it to my church, then Blue Ridge Women’s Center and Campus Crusade for Christ, ministries that have all impacted my life.
6. What is your go-to outfit currently? I honestly still wear maternity pants because I don’t have time or money for finding my current size or know the best price.
7. If you had a day completely to yourself what would you do? nap, do things around the house that need to get done, go shopping (if I had money for it) and sit in a coffee shop and read Bible/blog.
8.What is your favorite sweet treat? brownies
9. Where did you grow up? Virginia (won’t say what city)
10. Heels or flats? Definitely flats and flip flops lol
I nominate the following bloggers:
1).Becky of bybmg.blogspot.com
2).Katherine of jagstyleblog.com
3).Whitney of whitneynicjames.com
4).Danielle of littlebitofwowe.blogspot.se
5).Fonda of savvy-southern.blogspot.com
6). Lexi of atthestreetsofgold.blogspot.com
7).Dez of thestylebender.com
8).Stephanie of vainandsimple.blogspot.com
9).Maria of notfancyjustlife.blogspot.com
I couldn’t come up with the full 11 people but if you have less than 200 followers and would like to be nominated just let me know. I need 2 more ladies to nominate- you coud be visiting for the first time here and want a nonimation and I would be happy to- and follow your blog as well if I am not already.
Here are the questions for the nominees
1). What is your style or look?
2). Favorite designer?
3). What is your treasured item (clothing, jewelry, anything) in your home and story behind it or memory?
4). If you had to keep anyone with you at all times (like a Siamese twin) who would you pick and why?
5). Greatest fashion tip you want to share with the blogosphere?
6). Greatest yard sale/thrift store find?
7). Tea or coffee?
8). If you had to meet one person who had died again who would it be?
9). What article of clothing do you love the most?
10). What is your favorite thing to do with your family/children/hubby?
11). What is your faith background?
I will or have let people know of their nomination by e-mail. Congrats ladies!
Lots of love,